Homepage keeps being redirected to searchou.com that shows you google.com/webhp ? Have no clue to uninstall Privitize VPN adware and Searchou.com redirect? This article is going to offer step-to-step guide on uninstalling searchou.com search redirect. Please read more.
Screenshot of Privitize VPN:
Screenshot of Searchou.com Redirect:
What is Privitize VPN and Searchou.com Redirect?
Privitize VPN is a virtual private network which claims to offer you free VPN to makes sure that all your internet connections go through our super fast servers located world wide and your privacy is protected all the time while browsing the internet, accessing Facebook, sending emails or chatting with friends.
But as a matter as fact, Privitize VPN is not good as advertised, it is categorized as an adware which will change your browser settings, such as homepage and search engine when you install it. When you follow the recommended typical installation, you will also have unexpected MiaigNiPic and Privitize toolbar installed on your web browser, and the homepage also changed to Searchou.com/google.com/webph with the installation of Privitize VPN.
It is not safe to have Privitize VPN on your computer because it takes dishonest tactic to spread browser extension. Privitize VPN is suspected of collecting users’ personal information to distribute advertisement or for commercial use.
You may experience some of the following symptoms on your computer once you have Privitize VPN installed.
- Lots of pop-up advertisements appear on your computer unexpectedly.
- Programs on your computer may crash unexpectedly.
- Your PC’S operating system may respond slowly when you use it.
- Your homepage is changed to Searchou.com (google.com/webph).
- The default search engine is changed to Search The Web (privitize)
- Unwanted browser add-on, such as MiaigNiPic and Privitize toolbar installed on your web browser.
How to Remove Privitize VPN Adware and Searchou.com Redirect?
1. Run Anti-Malware scan to kill Privitize VPN adware automatically. (Anti-Malware Anvi Smart Defender Recommended)
2. Uninstall Privitize VPN Programs from computer completely. (Manual measure)
3. Remove Privitize VPN add-on in IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. (Manual measure)
4. Tips to block Searchou.com redirect and malicious websites using Anvi Ad Blocker (Optional)
Anvi Smart Defender is a powerful anti-malware program which is designed to detect and remove virus, malware, Trojan, worms and PUP. You are highly recommended to download and install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender to remove any possible potential unwanted program related to Privitize VPN adware.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software.
2. After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate possible virus infection file. Anvi Smart Defender will scan registry objects automatically to make sure your registry entries are clean and neat.
3. Once the scan is over, you can click view button to check the detail information of the detection. Please make sure to click “Remove” button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
4. If you are using Anvi Smart Defender Pro version, please switch to PC Tuneup tab, run Registry Fix to remove unused and old registry entries.
Windows 7/Vista users:
Click Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and Features. Search for PrivitizeVPN, toolbar on IE and Chrome, MagniPic, Plugin 7, select click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
Click Start, click Control Panel. Locate and click Add or Remove Programs. Search PrivitizeVPN, toolbar on IE and Chrome, MagniPic, Plugin 7, select one by one and click Remove.
Remove Searchou.com redirect in Google Chrome:
2. Please continue and then go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.
You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete http://searchou.com/?id=38d4fa95000000000000000c2905dcd5.
3. At last, please go to Google Chrome Settings again, in “Search” area, click Manage search engine… button and then you will be forwarded to Search engines page. Please select Google, Bing or yahoo as the default search engine, and then delete Searchou.com search engine from the list.
Remove Searchou.com Search Redirects in Mozilla Firefox
1. In Firefox, please navigate to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and remove Privitize VPN and MiaigNiPic extension or any malicious extension from the list.
2. Please continue and then go to Tools and then select Options. In the Options page, General tab, you can just remove the Searchou.com and then type a new website as your homepage, or you can also make your Firefox open with a blank page.
3. Remove the Searchou.com search engine from Mozilla Firefox. To do that, please click on magnifying glass search icon and select Manage Search Engines… In the Manage Search Engine list, please remove Search the web (privitize) search engine from the list.
4. Restart your Firefox and the Searchou.com will disappear from your web browser.
Remove Searchou.com Search Redirects in Internet Explorer
It would be easier for you to repair your Internet Explorer because Anvisoft team has developed a free tool Anvi Browser repair to fix any problem caused by redirect virus. The tool is installation free. To use it, please turn to Anvi Smart Defender toolbox tab, double click on Anvi Browser Repair tool and your problem will be fixed automatically.
Anvi Ad Blocker designed by Anvisoft team can also block suspicious website and search engines.
Anvi AD Blocker is designed to block and filter pop-up ads, flash ads, advertising banners, phishing, malicious ads and malicious URLs. It is a nimble security supplement to antivirus/antimalware programs as an added layer of computer protection.
Download Anvi Ad Blocker->install and run Anvi Ad Blocker->click MORE on top right of its main screen and then select Settings->Select Black List->click Add URL and type Searchou.com into the input window->Click OK to save the change.