You may notice that Conduit search and search.conduit.com come to your browser and becomes stubborn? This article contains step-to-step on how to remove conduit search and search.conduit.com redirect. Please read more.
About Conduit Search and Search.conduit.com:
The conduit search and search.conduit.com are issued by Conduit Ltd., who also delivered many other similar services such as Conduit Apps Toolbar, Search Protect by conduit, uTorrentControl2 Toolbar, MixiDJ Toolbar etc. It is compatible with most web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox.
Conduit Search or Search.conduit.com is categorized as adware due to its dishonest and stealthy behavior like change your default browser settings without any obvious notification.
It is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers. After installed, it acts annoying and starts to change the default browser settings that results in homepage being redirected to search.conduit.com.
Below is a screenshot of Conduit Search, search.conduit.com redirect:
Search.conduit.com always disguises itself as Google Official search, when you open your hijacked web browser, it redirect you to http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT408137&SearchSource=48&CUI=UN24503301233104021&UM=1 and then turns out to be http://www.google.com/webhp immediately. You will sill get search.conduit.com redirect when you open a new tab.
Although search.conduit.com seems no harm to your computer, you are still highly recommended t o uninstall it as soon as possible because it may go to collect your personal information for commercial purpose or redirect you to malicious domain for further virus attack.
Remove Conduit Search—How to Remove search.conduit.com Redirect?
Remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com in Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools -> Extensions.
In the Extensions page, please click on the Recycle Bin button to remove Conduit Search from the list.
2. Go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.
You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete search.conduit.com.
3. Please scroll down, click Show Home button under Appearance. Then click Change.
Remove search.conduit.com from the Open this page tab, and then select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.
4. At last, still in Settings page, please click Manage search engines button.
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select search.conduit.com from the list and remove it by clicking the “X” mark as shown in the image below.
Remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com in Firefox:
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the resulting search page, type in “conduit” and press Enter
You will be listed al the preferences that were changed by Web Browser Search. Please right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. You should reset all found preferences!
2. Go to Tools, select Options from the drop down list please remove search.conduit.com from the homepage tab and then click OK to save your modification.
Alternatively, if you still have conduit search and search.conduit.com redirect on your Firefox, you can simply go to restore your browser settings with the feature Firefox Troubleshooting information.
1. Go to Help, click Troubleshooting Information from the drop down list.
2. Click on the Reset Firefox button to restore your browser setting and get rid of search.conduit.com redirect from your Firefox browser.
Remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com in Internet Explorer:
1. Uninstall conduit Search add-on from your computer.
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Search for Conduit Search in the list> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Search for Conduit Search in the list > click on Uninstall.
2. Repair conduit search and search.conduit.com in Internet Explorer.
To repair search.conduit.com redirect and Conduit search quickly and easily, you are highly encouraged to take the free utility Anvi Browser Repair tool to troubleshoot problem on IE.
Anvi Browser Repair Tool download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html
The tool is installation free. After you download it, please click on the Fix button to repair all problem caused by search.conduit.com on your Internet Explorer.
Although the problem can be removed and fixed easily with manual steps, you are highly recommend to use Cloud System Booster to clean any junks files and registry entries created by conduit search.
System optimization tool- Cloud System Booster: http://www.anvisoft.com/cloud-system-booster.html
Other security tools you may need to protect your PC from annoying potential unwanted program:
Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware program- Detect, remove any possible virus infection and protect your PC real-timely.
Anvi AD blocker- Filter and block potential malicious websites you intend to visit to give you proactive and maximum PC protection.