This article contains step-to-step instruction on how to remove WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect homepage from your computer. Please read more.
What is WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect?
WebSearch.pu-result.info is a browser search engine which mimics Google search. It is ad-supported search engine that will go to monitor and collect your personal information including the search habit, IP, search items and more to favor your with more precise advertisement.
This kind of redirect is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers. WebSearch.pu-result.info is not related to any virus or malware infection, but due to its stealthy behavior like change your default browser settings without any obvious notifications, some antivirus programs category it as potential unwanted program.
Below is a screenshot of WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect:
WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Once installed on the web browser, http://webSearch.pu-result.info will appear as the homepage, and when open a new tab; it will also show the http://webSearch.pu-result.info redirect.
You may install a free program and mistakenly allow WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect to be your homepage. Quite annoyed by the redirect? You are highly recommended to follows instruction below to repair the homepage and search engine. If any problem, please feel free to contact us.
WebSearch.pu-result.info Redirect Quick Remove Guide:
Step 1 > Uninstall WebSearch.pu-result.info and related elements from your computer.
Step 2 > Remove WebSearch.pu-result.info homepage and search engines from IE/FF/Chrome.
Step 3 > Run System Optimization and maintenance program Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, registry entries added by WebSearch.pu-result.info.
Please follow every steps of the removal guide to completely get rid of WebSearch.pu-result.info virus. You may still experience the redirect problem if you ignore one of the steps. For detail information, please check below. Should you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
How to Remove WebSearch.pu-result.info Redirect? (Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)
Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall malicious items
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for items that related to WebSearch.pu-result.info > Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for items that related to WebSearch.pu-result.info > click on Uninstall.
Anvisoft has developed a program Anvi Slim Toolbar to help computer users remove malicious toolbar that added on web browser and help them repair web browser problem caused by the malicious toolbar efficiently and completely.
1. Download and install the browser repair tool Anvi Slim Toolbar.
2. After the installation complete, please start Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of the program, please click on the Scan button to detect malicious and unwanted toolbar.
If it detects any malicious items, please make sure to remove them all.
3. Then go back to main screen, click on the “Manage” button to scan out all the toolbar or plug-in installed on your web browser.
Please find any toolbar related to WebSearch.pu-result.info, select it and click Remove button to delete it from your web browser. Please make sure to remove all the WebSearch.pu-result.info toolbar under Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
4. After you remove all WebSearch.pu-result.info toolbar, please go back to main screen again, and then select Browser Repair to fix your web browser homepage and search engine.
Select the relative browser that you need to repair, and the select homepage and search engine you need Anvi Slim toolbar do.
Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you have problem on any other web browser, please just let us know.
Remove WebSearch.pu-result.info homepage and search engines from IE/FF/Chrome manually
Alternatively, you can take manual measure to fix your browser problem that being redirected to WebSearch.pu-result.info. For detail information, please check below.
Remove websearch. pu-result.info redirect in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools >> Manage Add-ons.
Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to websearch.pu-result.info. from the list: pu-result toolbar, smart address bar, etc.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing, Google or Yahoo search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (pu-result search) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).
3. Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. gooog.com instead of websearch. pu-result.info Click OK to save the changes.
Remove websearch. pu-result.info redirect in Google Chrome:
1. In Google Chrome click the wrench icon, navigate to Tools > Extensions and remove pu-result extension from the list by clicking on the small trash can icon that will appear when you point the cursor over it.
2. Please continue and then go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages
You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete websearch. pu-result.info startup page.
3. Please g to Google Chrome Settings again, under “Search” click on “Manage search engines…”: If you see pu-result Search as default, please click on a different option (Google, Bing etc.), make it default, and then remove pu-result by clicking the small ‘x’ icon.
Remove websearch. pu-result.info redirect in Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools >> Add-ons.
2.Select Extensions. Uninstall the following extension: pu-result To remove pu-result Toolbar.
3. Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner. Select Manage Search Engines… from the list.
4. Select Search the web (pu-result) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.
5. Go to Tools >> Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
Run System Optimization and maintenance program Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, registry entries added by WebSearch.pu-result.info .
Cloud System Booster is designed to clean up and optimize Windows operation system with one-click boost mode, by throwing out junk files, optimizing system services, cleaning up installed apps and repairing registry errors. You are highly recommended to download and install Cloud System Booster free or Pro version to get rid of WebSearch.pu-result.info junk files.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster System maintenance & optimizer software.
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
We Anvisoft are devoted to provide computer users with professional malware killer tool as well as system maintenance and optimization tool. If any problem, please leave a message below, we will go to reply you as soon as possible.
Experience slow computer performance? Want to improve your computer performance and make it acts as a charm? We are glad to announce that we Anvisoft team has developed a new system utilities program Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help PC users optimize computer disk.
Anvi Ultimate Defrag: http://www.anvisoft.com/ultimate-defrag.html
Anvi Ultimate Defrag is compact, quick and safe to speed up your computer performance by analyzing fragmented file, cleaning system junks, repairing disk bad area and defragging hard drives. It is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives at one time as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB removable drive.