This post is aiming to provide guide on removing Wajam adware program completely and advice on how to prevent Wajam installed automatically. Please read more.
What is Wajam?
Wajam is categorized as potentially unwanted program, namely an adware, installed as a browser extension, compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Usually, this adware comes bundled with other freeware, like video player, fake updates, software informer, etc, that the victim users recklessly download from the Internet. Once installed, the Wajam will install its program to your computer and web browser as a browser extension. This adware is created to do one thing and the only one thing. It is inserted to web browser in order to investigate your online behaviors and make money by advertisements.
From its official site, Wajam is a search-enhancement product to display relevant results from your friends to your regular search results. Invite friends to Wajam and help them find what you share. Its first product is a plug-in or browser extension that uses social networks to increase the relevancy of search results in Google, Yahoo and Bing. In addition to links and photos, users also get semantic-based grouping of results based on the type of result: location-based recommendations, video and products. Wajam aggregates links posted by the users’ network in social tools such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter to enhance search results on the principle that great minds think alike. See image below of the relevant search results:
From its user agreement, we can get the information that it is not safe to install Wajam on your computer, because your facebook and twitter user data is used by Wajam in order to give you personal results based on what you search. Wajam may use an add-on, local proxy, dll, cookies, pixies and/or other means to collect your IP address, URLs of the pages you visit and other information including the content of encrypted web pages to give you personal search results and show you advertising. See image below:
How to Remove Wajam Completely?
Step 1> Uninstall potentially unwanted program Wajam from your windows control panel.
• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.
• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Programs and then Uninstall a Program
• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Add or Remove Programs.
Alternatively, uninstall unneeded program by using Anvi Uninstaller
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster which provides you fee tool Anvi Uninstaller.
2. Open the program and click Toolbox > Download Anvi Uninstall and then run it.
3. Search for items unneeded and click Uninstall. You are highly encouraged to check program in “Recently Installed” list and remove any suspicious programs.
Important Note: In some case, the adware program Wajam may prevent you uninstalling the program from your computer manually or with an uninstaller. If the problem occurs to you, you are highly encouraged to use the free tool Anvi Startup Booster to solve your issue.
1. Open Cloud System Booster and click Toolbox > Download Anvi Startup Booster and then run it.
2. In the startup tab, please try to find the Wajam or similar malicious program, click on the expand button, and then select to disable it, after that, please click on the Location button and delete all the files in the program folder.
3. Then, please go to Service tab, find and disable all the malicious service related to.
Anvi Smart Defender v2.3 is brand-new and powerful to remove various and most latest threats. You are highly recommended to download and install the latest version of the program to kill possible virus infection and protect your PC from being infected with other virus.
Anvi Smart Defender Download
After you download and install the program, please open it, click on the Scan module, and then select one of the scan types you preferring and then start the scan to eliminate the Wajam adware infection file.
Once the scan complete, you will be displayed the scan result, please make sure to click “Apply” button to completely delete the malicious files from your computer.
Now, your computer should be clean from the Wajam pop-up virus infection. Should you have any problem with processing the removal guide, please leave a reply below. We will try our best to help you with your issue.