An unfamiliar search engine named proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ captures your browsers, and replaces the homepage? Failed to remove it from the search bar or new tab page? This article is going to guide you through a quick and complete removal. Read carefully and follow closely to fix your problems.
Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/, with a full domain http://proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ is a pesky browser hijacker bundled with freeware installation package and attaches itself to target computers when people trying to install the free program. Such browser hijacker has the ability to modify all mainstream browser settings to make itself the homepage and default search provider. Once infected, your search queries might be redirected to proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/, proxy.allsearchapp.com and other unrelated websites. What’s worse, it may bring you further risks of catching third party toolbars/addons, so our suggestion here is remove it as soon as possible if you find this browser hijacker takes control of your browsers without your actual knowledge.
The screenshot of Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/:
Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ Quick Removal Guide:
Please note that Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ may change the title anytime, so just search for items that are unknown or suspicious.
Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for Proxy.allsearchapp Search related items> Click on Remove.
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for Proxy.allsearchapp Search related items > click on Uninstall.
1. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start// with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the list.
1. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> Mouse-over to the Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change> Type the desired website and click OK to set it as the default homepage.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the list.
4. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ related add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ or extensions under a similar name.
1. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the homepage.
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning> Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (refer to step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select Proxy.allsearchapp Search and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Corrupt residues of Proxy.allsearchapp.com/app/start/ include registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. You’d better run a system optimization tool to clear such items if you are not a PC literate.
1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: ‘Internet Explorer Cookies‘,’Mozilla Firefox Cookies‘,’Google Chrome Cookies‘ (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Other benefits you can gain from Cloud System Booster:
+ Boost Your PC Performance by 200%
+ Clean up system trash files
+ Clean up Registry trash
+ Remove 3rd application temp files
+ clean Windows history records
+ Web history clean
+ Clean start menu records
+ Recent playlists in Media Player
5. Restart your computer to enjoy a clean system.
Note: This removal guide is workable for most infections, yet if for any reason you are having difficulties uninstalling this malware, please feel free to leave a message below or start a new thread in our forums, or you can contact us at email@example.com. We will help look into the problem as soon as possible. Your trust is what we want to build.