Are you pestered with search.findwide.com browser hijacker? Here’s the removal guide on how to terminate this pesky gate-crasher. If you don’t want to keep this domain, and would like to get rid of it, however failed to remove it completely, here’s what you can refer to for a permanent and thorough removal.
The screenshot of Search.findwide.com:
Search.findwide.com is classified as a potential unwanted program. It often comes to install on your PC alongside some toolbars or add-ons. It’s not a virus or malware infection, but spread in quite a deceptive way, often bundles itself with freeware installation package, so when you installing some freeware, you get high a chance of catching this annoying browser hijacker and its add-ons/toolbars. That’s probably why most users rank search.findwide.com malicious or annoying. If you don’t feel like it, or keep it any more, just closely follow the removal instruction we provide below to sweep it out.
Search.findwide.com Quick Removal Guide:
Please note that search.findwide.com may change the title anytime, so just search for items that are unknown or suspicious.
Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for search.findwide.com related items> Click on Remove.
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for search.findwide.com related items> click on Uninstall.
1. Remove Search.findwide.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://Search.findwide.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove Search.findwide.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove search.findwide.com from the list.
1. Remove Search.findwide.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> Mouse-over to the search.findwide.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove Search.findwide.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change> Type the desired website and click OK to set it as the default homepage.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Search.findwide.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Search.findwide.com from the list.
4. Remove Search.findwide.com related add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Search.findwide.com or extensions under a similar name.
1. Remove Search.findwide.com from the homepage.
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://search.findwide.com with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove Search.findwide.com from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning> Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (refer to step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove search.findwide.com from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select Findwide Search and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Corrupt residues of search.findwide.com include registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. You’d better run a system optimization tool to clear such items if you are not a PC literate.
1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: ‘Internet Explorer Cookies‘,’Mozilla Firefox Cookies‘,’Google Chrome Cookies‘ (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
5. Restart your computer to enjoy a clean system.
For any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.