In this article, we will guide you to remove Fast and Safe ads from web browsers completely. If you found it also deliver annoying ads, then we’ll figure it out together.
What is Fast and Safe?
Fast and Safe is an ads publisher installing on browsers as extension to injects various the third-party ads and links into random webpage without permission. Although it claims it is just a program maximizing your computers performance., it is actually a genuine advertising platform which works with a number of advertisers and websites to display ads, though which it can boost traffic and generate revenue. Thus, it is classified as adware and PUP, short for potentially unwanted program.
Distribution and Dangers
In most of cases, Fast and Safe sneaks into computer bundled with free downloads (familiar ones are freeware, video recording/streaming, player updates and so on) from the internet, and then the Fast and Safe installs onto computers.
Fast and Safe will to track users’ browsing history, access their online activity to collect their browsing habit and preferences. So the ads from Fast and Safe are mostly related to content they are likely to be interested in. Additionally, Fast and Safe will add its cookies to your browsers to record your browser behavior and then send them to its partners to improve their annoying ads. Nevertheless, Fast and Safe may also steal your privacy information remaining on your web cookies for immoral commercial use.
Fast and Safe will also work as a search engine to display ads and sponsored links in your search results. By using technology called Blank Hat it is able to improve websites’s rank easily to earn money. However, users can hardly get reliable information from such a result.
For such a adware and PUP, we suggest you to remove it from your computer. For any question, please leave it or them below.
How to Remove Fast and Safe Ads?
–Effective method for the removal of Fast and Safe ads
Step 1→ Uninstall Fast and Safe program
- Option 1 Uninstall it from control panel
- Option 2 Uninstall it by using Anvi Uninstaller(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
Note: To ensure your PC is free from potentially unwanted programs, you’d better get rid of Fast and Safe and other PUPs installing along with it.
Option 1 Uninstall it from control panel
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Fast and Safe, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Fast and Safe, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
Option 2 Uninstall Fast and Safe with Anvi Uninstaller(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
The tool Anvi Uninstaller contained in Cloud System Booster( system maintaining&optimizing software ) specializes in removing various programs installing in your PC. The “Recently Installed” tab can help those who can’t distinguish adware or PUP to easily get rid of them as it tracks back to the time around the adware Fast and Safe installing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
2. After installing, open it and click the arrow at the lower right corner, and then select Toolbox and click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several seconds; and then run it.
3. Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove Fast and Safe and any other malicious programs. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when remove)
You can directly clean up leftovers caused by Fast and Safe via “Perfect Scan” during the uninstalling process if you use the Pro Version.
Step 2→ Remove Fast and Safe extension and plugin from IE/FF/Chrome
- Option 1 Remove Fast and Safe extension and plugin by using Slim Toolbar(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
- Option 2 by manually remove it
Option 1 Remove extension and plugin By using Slim Toolbar
Slim Toolbar integrated in Cloud System Booster is a browser management tool. It is designed to detect and remove all of malicious and dubious plugin, browser add-ons, extension, toolbar in browser as well as recover the modified browser settings to your original one.
Because Slim Toolbar is a pro tool, please purchase the pro version of Cloud System Booster.
Go to Home→click the arrow at the lower right corner→Slim Toolbar
Remove Fast and Safe extension from your browser like what the similar picture shows.
Option 2 Manually remove extension and plugin
Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Fast and Safe extension and then click on Disable.
Chances are that this Fast and Safe extension cannot be remove from Google Chrome, and you will see the error message: This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled. The guide below will walk you through solving this persistent extension.
Guide on removing managed extension from Chrome
1. Note the ID of Fast and Safe extension on Chrome and close Google Chrome
2. Delete registry entries that contains this ID
a. Open registry editor
For Windows 8 users: Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “regedit”
For Windows 7 users: Click on Start button → type “regedit” in the Search Programs and Files field
b. Find the registry entries of this managed extension and delete it
Press Ctrl and F at the same time, then paste the ID and click Find Next button.
Right click the registry entries that contain the ID of the managed extension and that under the ExtensionInstallForcelist directory.
3. Remove this managed extension’s files
a. Show hidden files and folders
Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options > View > “Hidden Files and Folders” > Select “Show Hidden Files and Folders > Apply
b. Locate its files folder and delete it
The location of this folder: Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Users > Your user name > AppData > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data > Default > Extensions
Right click the folder name as the ID of the managed extension and click on Delete to remove it.
Now the Fast and Safe extension should have been removed from Chrome.
Step 3→ Clean up junk files, repair system bugs and optimize computer
Although Fast and Safe potentially unwanted program and its extension have been uninstalled completely, its leftover items including junk files and invalid registry entries still take up the space of your disk. Besides, computer system will generate bugs, errors that need repair after long-time using. So an application for system maintaining and optimizing is required. Here we recommend you to use Cloud System Booster free. It will help you to detect and clean up junk files in disk, browsers and the whole system; fix system bugs and errors, maintain system stability and improve its performance.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster (system maintenance & optimizer software).
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
Step 4→ Start safe mode blocking annoying ads (Optional)
Here you can choose the Anvi AD Blocker Ultimate to help you block any ads that bother your browsing experience. it is based on a huge online database to help you filter most annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker Ultimate download:
Start it and turn on the ad-blocking pattern.
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker ultimate will only be free used for 15 days. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Once the pattern of “real-time block” turned on, Anvi AD Blocker Ultimate will automatically analyzes your web content based on its huge and constantly updated database in real time. You can turn on this feature to block ads at any time you want.
Tips for Safely Surfing
( to avoid being infected with Fast and Safe in the future again)
To surf the internet safely, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking.
To avoid the harassment of various pop-ups, ads, malicious and/or hijacked websites as well as phishing websites, you have to install a legitimate software for 24-hours protection. Here we recommended you a free blocker Anvi AD Blocker Ultimate to keep you surf safe online.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data and start their web guard feature.
If you use Anvi Smart Defender antivirus software_
Anvi Smart Defender is a antivirus software specializing in detecting and removing various virus, malware, trojan and PUP, etc. At the same time, its real-time web guard is powerful.
Just click Guard button after you run it and then click “off” button to start its 24 hours web guard.
Download Anvi Smart Defender: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
Because its feature “Guard” is pro, so you have to purchase it: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/asdupgrade.php
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.