Get pop-up coupon powered by CoolLinks when browsing website like eBay, Amazon, Wlarmart, etc…? Seek for solution for the CoolLinks pop-up ads? This post contains step-to-step instruction how to remove coupon brought by CoolLinks. Please read more.
What is CoolLinks?
CoolLinks is a free browser add-on or extension that has been optimized for Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is claiming to improve the web by providing the best tools to enhance the browsing experience, from searching the web to comparing online deals to find the best prices. Browser with CoolLinks installed will display compared search result and discount coupons powered by CoolLinks to enable you to save money when you shop online.
Sound really nice, right? Actually, CoolLinks is practically useless. The compared search result has noting to do with the actual search while the pop-up coupon code powered by CoolLinks also can’t help you to save money if you really need to purchase items from eBay or Amazon. Below are screenshot of the pop-up coupons and ads, see for your reference:
CoolLinks is categorized as potentially unwanted program namely adware. The main purpose of this software is to promote advertisement, attack web traffic and increase sales via alluring you clicking on the pop-up coupon brought by CoolLinks. In order to achieve the purpose, it needs to collect the personal information, such as the search query, IP address, and more. Browser with CoolLinks installed with experience following symptoms:
a) Pop-up coupons present on the eBay, Amazon, and Walmart page.
b) Pop-up ads present on the right-side of the page when browser online.
c) Other ads take up the entire screen of your computer.
d) Compared search result present when you search with Google or yahoo.
How to Remove coupon Powered by CoolLinks? (CoolLinks Pop-up Ads Removal Instruction)
Quick Removal Guide outlined:
Step 1 > Scan with Anvi Smart Defender to eliminate all malicious entries created by CoolLinks adware.
Step 2 > Uninstall CoolLinks from your Windows Control Panel.
Step 3 > Remove CoolLinks Toolbar plug-in, toolbar, add-on, extension from IE/Firefox.
To get rid of CoolLinks adware from your web browser, please follow instruction below. Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below. We will try our best to reply you as soon as possible.
CoolLinks may creates malicious files and registry entries to prevent it being removed easily from your computer, you are highly recommended to use anti-malware program Anvi Smart Defender to kill any possible malicious file related to CoolLinks. If you ignore the step, you will still experience CoolLinks adware on your web browser.
1. Download and install the free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software.
2. After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate delta infection file. Anvi Smart Defender will scan registry objects automatically to make sure your registry entries are clean and neat.
3. Once the scan is over, you can click view button to check the detail information of the detection. Please make sure to click “Remove” button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.
• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program
• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs
Select CoolLinks from the listed program and then click uninstall.
Remove CoolLinks from Internet Explorer:
Open Internet Explorer, Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons >>select Toolbars and Extensions, disable the CoolLinks toolbar related extensions and any other unknown add-ons.
Remove CoolLinks from Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons. Select Extensions. Choose CoolLinks toolbar Click on Disable or Remove button to remove it.
Remove CoolLinks from Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome, click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions, select CoolLinks toolbar and click trashcan icon to remove it.