A screen locker states that your computer has been blocked and a fine of CAD $ 100 is required to be paid using Ukash voucher within 48 hours in order to unlock the computer? If such a thing perplexes or troubles you now, be alerted that it is a computer virus, categorized as ransomware, and read more to get rid of it as instructed step by step in this article.
Table of Contents
- I. What is Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol Virus?
- II. How Did I Get Infected with Canadian Association of Chief of Police Interpol virus?
- III.Symptoms of Having Canadian Association of Chief of Police Interpol Virus
- IV. How to Remove Canadian Association of Chief of Police Interpol Virus (Ransomware Removal Guide)
- > Option 1- Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore
- > Option 2- Remove Ransomware using Anvi Rescue Disk
I. What is Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol Virus?
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol virus is a computer virus, targeting Windows users in Canadian. It is categorized as ransomware, also called lock screen virus, screen locker, etc. Once it settled, this infection will totally take control of the compromised computer system and display a full screen warning that says your computer has been blocked for some safety reasons like your computer is involved in illegal online activities and so you need to pay a fine of CAD $100 to unlock the machine. The warning alert is attempting to pretend it from the local authorities like Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, Ministry of Public Safety Canada, Interpol by bearing the authoritative background and icon. That may seem scary but it is fake and just scam. Be alerted about this and never ever pay the money to those cyber criminals.
The Lock Screen of Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol virus
You may notice that there are so many logos of Interpol, and this is a Interpol virus targeting at Canadians. Other Interpol ransomware infections can also spread in countries of America and Europe with localized strategies. You should be aware of this and take care.
II. How Did I Get Infected with Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol Virus?
There are several means that the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol virus can be distributed. It may infiltrate through malicious websites, websites that been compromised or hacked and use trojans to exploit system vulnerabilities to lock the system and do its tricks.
Like many other ransomware, it can also be distributed via spam e-mails which contain malicious websites or links. Often these emails will spam out with forged header information, tricking you into believing that it is from a shipping company like DHL or FedEx. The email tells you that they tried to deliver a package to you, but failed for some reason. Sometimes the mails claim to be notifications of a shipment you have made. Either way, you can’t resist being curious as to what the email is referring to – and open the attached file (or click on a link embedded inside the email). And with that, you will get your computer blocked by Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police.
This threat can be also downloaded manually when the user is tricked into thinking that they are installing something useful, for instance a bogus update for Adobe Flash Player or some other software.
Apart from that, this ransomware can be also prevalent on peer-to-peer file sharing websites and is often packaged with pirated or illegally acquired software.
- 1. Keep both your system and installed programs up to date.
- 2. Be careful when surfing online. You’d better stay on the safe side by turning on the security features of web browser when surfing online. See detailed instructions to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome.
- 3. Take proper precautions when opening a unfamiliar email or an attachments, or clicking on a suspicious link.
- 4. Whatsoever, the best bet for computer protection is still trustful security programs like antivirus, antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender (download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html), and firewall.
III. Symptoms of Having Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol Infection
- Once infected, the machine will be blocked and there will appear a full screen alert that claims that your computer has been blocked due to some reasons of law violations and thus a fine is required to pay through Ukash voucher. This will almost happen every time you start the computer.
- The system is totally locked up and even when you try to boot it into safe mode running, however the safe mode running is blocked as well in most cases .
- There seems to have no clue on the removal, but you can try below step by step removal guides as instructed to get rid of it.
If any question, stop and instantly contact us for assistance.
Most ransomware exploits Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. In some cases denying or disabling flash on your system may suspend some of the Child Pornography ransomware and enable the user to navigate through the infected system.
If this not a necessity for removal, skip to the removal options below these steps. To disable (deny) flash
2. Select the “Deny” radio option
3. Proceed to a removal option (detailed below).
The similar ransomware removal guides are offered below, if your PC is infected by one of the following virus, please click on it to see the specific removal steps.
Policía Nacional del Ecuador virus,The Cheshire Police Authority Virus,CashU ‘Computer Blocked’ virus,South Yorkshire Police Ransomware,“This website has been blocked for you” Virus,RCMP Virus,AFP Virus,Lebanon Police Ransomware,FBI and ICSPA “Votre ordinateur a été verrouillé” Virus,Public Security Directorate virus,The Palestinian Civil Police Force Virus,The Kingdom of Jordan CashU Virus,The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior CashU,Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus,Interpol virus,Joint Chiefs of Staff “Computer blocked” MoneyPak,“You have 48 hours left to enter your payment”,FBI Computer Gesperrt Daten Verschlüsselt Virus,Department of Justice Virus $300 Scam,Moneygram,FBI –“El ordenador se ha bloqueado y todos sus datos se cifran”,FBI Paypal Virus,FBI “Tietokoneessa on lukittu ja kaikki tiedot on salattu”,Bundeskriminalamt Pressestelle,FBI “Datamaskinen har blitt låst og alle dine data ble kryptert“,FBI Reloadit “Computer locked”,FBI“Uw computer is vergrendeld en alle gegevens zijn versleuteld”,Decrypt Protect,Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section,FBI Virus–FBI Moneypak, Politie Office Central,Departamento Para Combater O Cibercrime Ukash,United States Courts,ICE Cyber Crime Center $300 USD Scam,Polizei Cybercrime Investigation Department Ukash Scam,Everything on your computer has been fully encrypted Virus,Mandiant U.S.A Cyber Security–U.S.A Cyber Crime Center,Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) Ukash Scam,Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) Virus, etc.
How to Remove Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol Virus
In general, you are blocked to access your PC in normal or in the safe mode with command prompt. Please use Anvi Rescue Disk to help your get rid of this virus even if your system restore points have been removed.
This method is applied to the case that you can log in to your computer in the safe mode with command prompt under the condition that your system restore points are not removed by this ransomware.
Option 1: Remove the virus via Anvi Rescue Disk
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk iso for your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and rescued from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistent, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer system, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
If you are still feel difficult to use Anvi Resue Disk, please read How to Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk
Option 2: Remove the ransomware by restoring your system
Step 1> Restore computer in safe mode with command prompt
1. Restart your computer.
2. Repeatedly press F8 upon the opening of the boot menu to enter Windows in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”.
Note: In some cases during infections of malware and viruses you only have 2-3 seconds to do this. In other cases if it doesn’t work during the given seconds, viruses such as the FBI MoneyPak ransomware virus will not allow you to type “explorer” anymore.
4. Once Windows Explorer shows up browse Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe or Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe, then press Enter.
5. When such a window appears, click next.
6. Choose a restore point from the list, then click next.
7. At last click finish to complete the restore.
8. Restart your PC to normal mode.
Step 2> Remove malicious files from your PC through Anvi Smart Defender
Antivirus software is necessity for removal all of malicious files, virus infections, trojan, spyware, etc.
1. Install Anvi Smart Defender
Download and install the free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software from the links below:
2. Click quick or full scan
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3>Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer via Cloud System Booster
There are plenty of residual junk files and invalid registry entries, other related potentially unwanted programs in your computer system. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and to save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer.
Download Cloud System Booster:
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Note: Because some users had their computers been infected with Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Interpol virus via malicious websites. In order to reduce the chance that the adware gets onto PC again when you visit malicious sites in your browsing history by accident, please follow us to clean up you browser cookies.
Back to Could System Booster Homepage→click Disk Cleaner→scroll over and opt for Internet Explorer Cookies, Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies→Click Start Clean to remove them.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
Deep cleanup for you disk
After a longtime of use, your disk must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
Tips for Stopping the Infringement of Ransomware
In the view of the way ransomware infects computers, we provide you with the following tips for avoid being attacked by ransomware again.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data. ( very important )