Experience Maxresult.net redirect on your web browser when browsing online? Need help to fix the Maxresult.net redirect in your IE/FF/Chrome browser? This article provides step-to-step instruction on removing the redirect virus. Please read more.
About Maxresult.net redirect:
Maxresult.net is a malicious domain which may hijacker your web browsers that include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. It is designed and distributed by cyber criminals to provide web, image, videos, and news search, and to display annoying pop-up ads. Below is a screenshot of Maxresult.net redirect, see for your reference:
Maxresult.net may appear on your web browser after you download a free program and inadvertently allow this free software to change your browser settings and let your web browser launch Maxresult.net automatically when you open your web browser.If you take the Maxresult.net to search items, you will find most items listed at the top are ads related. See image below:
It is dangerous to keep Maxresult.net as your homepage or startup page. Maxresult.net may invade the privacy on your compromised computer. When the malicious website hijack your web browser, it may push Maxresult.net to display unwanted advertisements in the form of pop-ups of new window, in most case, displaying porn pop-ups and even let Maxresult.net to collect personal information about the computer user’s browsing activities, such as browser history in order to display preciously targeted advertisements.
How to Get rid of Maxresult.net Redirect Virus from Your Web Browser?
To remove Maxresult.net redirect virus, please follow steps below. Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below, we will try our best to help you.
Repair Internet Explorer browser settings:
1. Please open your Internet Explorer, go to Tools then select Internet Options. Switch to Advanced tab, then under Reset Internet Explorer settings click on the Reset button.
2. You’ll need to confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings. Please click on “Reset” button once again to confirm your operation.
Repair Firefox browser settings:
1. Please open your Firefox, at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, and go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will restart.
Repair Google Chrome Settings:
1. Check and remove malicious or unwanted extension from Chrome. To do that, please go to Tools → Extensions. Click on the trashcan icon to remove unwanted extension that is related to Maxresult.net.
2. Repair startup page by going to Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, click on Set pages, and then remove Maxresult.net default page.
3. Change the homepage back by going to Appearance area, select “Show Home button” and then click Change. Remove Maxresult.net from the Open this page tab and then Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.
4. Repair the search engine by going to Search area, and then click on Manage Search Engines…Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select Maxresult.net from the list and remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
We will take Google Chrome as an example. The following tips are also applied on Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Please right-click on the desktop shortcut icon or startup menu shortcut icon of your web browser,
right click on it, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.
Anvi AD Blocker is designed to block and filter pop-up ads, flash ads, advertising banners, phishing, malicious ads and malicious URLs. It is a nimble security supplement to antivirus/antimalware programs as an added layer of computer protection. You are highly encouraged to use this ad blocker program to block and prevent any tracking cookies loading on your web browser.
Download Anvi AD Blocker to filter and block potential malicious websites you intend to visit to give you proactive and maximum PC protection.
After downloading and installing Anvi Ad Blocker v2.2, you can enjoy a 15-day free trial, after the trial period expired; you can directly buy it if you want to continue keep your web browser safe and clean.