You are also one of those people who complained about that their computer was infected with ridiculous pop ups from ad.xtendmedia.com and just found their installed antivirus scan recognized nothing? If so, read this post to get your problem done with complete removal of such ad.xtendmedia.com pop up ads and malware. Read more.
What is ad.xtendmedia.com pop up?
Many people actually call it as ad.xtendmedia.com pop up virus, yet the truth is it is an adware infection which is used to display advertisements (SPAM) on infected computer. Usually, this corrupt application gets on a computer without user permission and knowledge, then it registers itself as a browser plugin/extension. Once it has successfully attached itself to Firefox, Chrome or Internet explorer, these browsers will start displaying popup advertisements from ad.xtendmedia.com. The malware also changes home page and default search provider settings so you might be redirected to http://ad.xtendmedia.com or some other bogus websites while searching on Google. Soon you’ll feel like stuck in SPAM as random ads from ad.xtendmedia keep popping up on your screen every several minutes. You cannot stop or block these annoying pop-ups through browser settings as the malware is very cleverly designed. If you do not take immediate action to uninstall ad.xtendmedia popup malware, it will become worst and bring further viruses from Internet. The best way to get rid of ad.xtendmedia.com pup-up malware is to scan the infected PC using a proper adware removal tool. You may also remove the virus manually by eliminating its components.
Disadvantages and risks of having ad.xtendmedia.com:
It may change & corrupt default settings of browsers like Firefox, Chrome or Internet explorer
Changes home page and displays unwanted pop-ups advertisements
Causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, hijacks search engine settings and leads to unexpected webpages
Keeps record of browsing activities and interests
Collects Personal user information which may include sensitive financial data such as logins, usernames, accounts
It may bring further infections are direct the user to infectious sites
Makes the browser run slow, uses a big part of system resources
Tips to Avoid Unexptected Adware Install
You should always pay close attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this ad.xtendmedia.com browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
If you also think this ad.xtendmedia.com unwanted and annoying or even risky, please follow below step by step removal guide to get rid of it completely.
How to Remove ad.xtendmedia.com Pop Up Ads (Removal Guide)
Removal Steps Outlined:
- Step 1. Remove Malware Infections Related using
Anvi Smart Defender Antimalware
- Step 2. Block pop up ads and redirects to ad.xtendmedia.com using Anvi AD Blocker
- Step 3. Repair browser settings to stop redirections from IE, Firefox and Chrome
- Step 4. Remove invaild regisry entires and malicious files left in system using Cloud System booster
- Step 5. System Restore (optional troubleshoot)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove malware associated with ad.xtendmedia.com. Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software will automatically detect malware and remove malicious files once located.
Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware Software safe and direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Anvi Smart Defender is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to Settings > Update tab.
3. On the second tab labeled “Scan” select the perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Anvi Smart Defender will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. Click on Removebutton to completely remove the detected results.
To block ad.xtendmedia.com pop up ads from Internet browsers, you can take all advantages of this ads blocking tool- Anvi AD Blocker, which is created to filter malicious websites, phishing websites, pop up ads/flash as well as other websites that you don’t want.
To block the ad.xtendmedia.com from your web browser, you can just add this ad.xtendmedia.com to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter ad.xtendmedia.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change. That’s it.
Now you can better enjoy your surfing online without any annoying pop ups or redirections to these two websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker is able to better protect the computer from various malware infections distributed via pop ups or malicious websites. Furthermore, it can even speed up the loading page when you are surfing online by filtering the needless ads. Buy it now.
Remove ad.xtendmedia.com from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon->Tools
for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
5. Restart Internet Explorer to make the changes take effect.
Remove ad.xtendmedia.com from Mozilla Firefox
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Informationpage.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish
Remove ad.xtendmedia.com from Google Chrome
1. Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button on the browser toolbar, select
2. In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin button) Flash Player Update 11.0and any other unknown or unwanted extensions.
To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this pop up virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System booster by clicking below download link.
Cloud System Booster download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
After the download and install, please click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. A system restore can be used to remove new installments of unwanted software.
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.
Tips to Prevent Adware Pop ups and Other Malware of All Sorts
It is necessary to mention that the above referred Anvi Ad blocker is powerful to provide real-time solution to adware pop up issues and other online surfing risks such as malicious urls or phishing websites. So you can just keep it onto your computer for convenient yet effective use. Buy it now. (By the way, it is worthy to mention that this Anvi AD Blocker is integrated for free use in the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender pro version now. Get Anvi AD Blocker for free by upgrading Anvi Smart Defender protection here and now.
The antimalware Anvi Smart Defender can provide you a extra layer of computer protection from multiple malware infections including latest pc threats.
Basicially, you are supposed to turn on Safe Browser Features:Instructions to Turn on Security Features of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. for more secured surfing online.
You may interest: PC security tips for free
Good luck and be safe online.